Submit a Driver Application to Us
Behne Inc. is a small family-owned-and-operated trucking company, and we like to think of our drivers as part of our family. We welcome applications from anyone interested in over-the-road (OTR) trucking jobs. Many drivers have worked with the company for 10-15 years and even retired with us because of our friendly working environment and excellent benefits.
We only hire drivers who prioritize safety, because the safety of your haul and everyone else on the road is paramount to us. Our drivers are also equipped with everything they need to complete the haul.
While most of our customers are in Minnesota, we work with brokers nationwide. We are willing and capable of handling your shipping anywhere from coast to coast.
Apply for a Trucking Job
Behne Inc. is looking for good drivers with flatbed and/or specialized trailer experience. We need drivers who are team players and work hard to earn money. Our current drivers have been with us for two to eight years; we also had a recently retired driver who had been with us for 10 years. Our philosophy is that we are a family, and everyone is important to the company.
Submitting your driver application permits us to access the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Pre-Employment Screening Program and HireRight for background checks.
Requirements to Be Our Truck Driver
- The applicant must be at least 23 years old.
- They should meet all the commercial driver’s license (CDL) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements.
- They must not have a record of driving under the influence (DUI) in the last three years (insurance requirement).
- They must have a TWIC® card, which is needed to enter some ports and military bases. Background checks may be performed by the government.
- No HAZMAT endorsement is required.
While we prefer drivers with at least two years of flatbed trailer experience, we will be happy to train you if you’re truly interested in trucking.
We are military-friendly, too; we welcome veterans and service members with their CDLs to apply for our OTR trucking jobs. We will train you and help you get your career off the ground.
- The mileage pay is off the hub (all miles loaded and unloaded).
- The mileage pay increases when hauling oversized loads.
- Drivers receive fuel, safety, and logbook bonuses.
- Top drivers can earn $60,000 to $80,000 annually, depending
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical Insurance: 70% Covered by the Company, 30% Covered by the Employee
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Retirement Program
- Passenger Policy (after Six Months of Employment without Accidents or Claims)
- Other Supplemental Insurance at Employee Cost
- Colonial Life
More Time for Your Family
Because we are a family business, we’ll ensure you have time for yours. For drivers with children at home, we recruit primarily within 150 miles of our headquarters. We will work with you to ensure you get the time you need at home.